Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Counting cells that have a time

Hi,

Am Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:45:47 +0000 schrieb Petteri:

I'm creating a spreadsheet to come up with an employee schedule. I've
gotten the basics down. I'm able to calculate the hours worked per week
and per day. What I'd like to do, to really make it easier to work with
going forward is to be able to count the number of staff scheduled for
any given shift, based on start time.

you can attach a zipped excel workbook

If your times are in column B and you want to count the time 8:00 try:
=COUNTIF(B1:B100,TIME(8,,))
If your names are in column A and time in B you can also try for
existing names at 8:00
=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B100=TIME(8,,)),--(A1:A100<""))

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2