Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] ajpiggush@gmail.com is offline

Default Can I use TMP files to recover a deleted xls file?

On Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:54:43 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I just restored an excel file of mine from a tmp file by changing the extention of ".tmp" to ".xlsx" thanks to this post!

For me the tmp files only show up when I'm using the shared drives at our work place, so I think they are a residue of the network, probably to save a version of the file that a second user may open as read-only while the first user has one open... just my best-guess. (Although if it's little green men I thank them!!)

This worked for me as well!