Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default excel 2011 won't sort alphabetically

On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 04:20:43 +0000, walkingfern wrote:

I've now moved from ferns to woody plants. Same problem.

Is it possible for me to post a copy of the workbook page?

No, I haven't copied anything from the web. And I looked to make sure
that blank spaces weren't lurking.

Huh...that's interesting. I just noticed something that might be causing
the problem, but don't know what is causing it.

I copied and pasted a set of cells. Although in the workbook, they are
all separate cells and I need to tab or click to get from one to the
next, when I copy and paste, a number of them are showing the text of
the cells running together without spaces.

There are various free sites where you can post files for sharing. I use SkyDrive but DropBox also seems popular. Instructions for the use are on the various sites.
If you want, you could email me a file at this address: (reverse the letters and make the obvious substitutions.) mocTODenilnodlefnesorTAnor