Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
[email protected] elizabeth.kronoff@gmail.com is offline

Default edit chart legend spacing

In addition to the fact that this answer does not deal with the problem that the user is having (there is no line wrapping), it is not even true! I have a legend which has one entry which is longer than the others, so when it wraps, the other entries are too spaced out. When I pull it lengthwise, however, ALL the entries are triple-spaced.

After much frustrating I have just put it into Numbers on the iPad. That program, by the way, cost me just over $10.

Elizabeth

On Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:19:35 AM UTC-8, Jon Peltier wrote:
Select the legend, then drag the handles to stretch it laterally. This will
prevent the line wrapping which produces double-height legend entries.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"phocused" wrote in message
Hi, I am creating an office 2007 pie chart. I have the legend on the right
with a list of entries relating to the data in the pie chart. However the
legend doesnt show all the entries unless I make the chart a really big
size.
The Legend looks like this
Daily

Weekly

Monthly

So On

I have noticed that there is what looks to be double line spacing between
each entry in the legend and I want to make the entries closer together so
it
looks more like this
Daily
Weely
Monthly
So On

but I can find anywhere that allows you to edit this. i can edit fill,
font,
shadow, everything except this one simple thing.

Any ideas?