Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Help with Calculating Dates

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:37:19 +0000, scwilson wrote:

I am creating a training matrix where I have the date of training and
then I have a drop down box for re-cert identifying when the training
expires (i.e. 1 year, 2 year, 5 year). I am hoping to find a way to
automatically populate the re-certification date based on the date of
the training and the drop down selection chosen,

i.e.
Date of training : December 6, 2012

Selection: 2 years

Can I have it automatically calculate that re-certification is December
6, 2015 without having to change the formula each time?

Many thanks!!!!

I'm not sure how you get 2015 if the date of training is 2012 and you add 2 years.
Assuming that is a typo:

Date of training: A1
Selection: B1

Recertification: =edate(A1,b1*12)