Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] ctillerjr@gmail.com is offline

Default Get current time NOW() but stop it updating

On Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:29:01 AM UTC-4, Ms-Exl-Learner wrote:
Try this.

Past the below code in Excel VBA Module and assign shortcut key for that.

Press ALT+F11 and go to Insert and click Module. And paste the below code.

Sub DateandTime()
ActiveCell = Now()
End Sub

After pasting the code close the VBA and press ALT+F8, the DateandTime Macro
will appear. Just select it and select Options and give your desired
keyboard button as shortcut key to run the macro.

If you want to show the cells including seconds just select the cells and
Goto Format and select custom and paste this format [$-409]m/d/yy h:mm:ss
AM/PM;@

If this post helps, Click Yes!

(MS-Exl-Learner)

"goneil" wrote:

I want to time stamp a cell automatically with the current time (ie) without
the data entry operator having to do anything, however I don't want it to
update all the time I want it to just remain as is permenantly. I cannot
make NOW() stay the same.
Cheers

Worked like a charm, thanks