Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Sorting rows

Hi,

Am Sat, 14 Sep 2013 08:54:32 +0100 schrieb Quilp:

I have been trying this function(?) but the results are confusing. If I
try it in column A it works (not that I need to use it in this column
because it is in sequential order) but when I use it in column B, which
contains the same numbers but out of sequence following the sorting
previously discussed, it returns zero. Is it the case that you cannot
use the MAX function in columns that have been sorted? Or, perhaps it
should be applied before sorting to make it work.

if the MAX function returns 0 your numbers are text formatted.
Write a 1 in an empty cell, copy this cell, select all numbers in column
B, Insert = Paste Special = Multiply

Regards
Claus B.
--