Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Sorting rows

Hi,

Am Sun, 8 Sep 2013 15:25:53 +0100 schrieb Quilp:

I have my recorded music collection catalogued in a worksheet where
column A shows the date when a new addition to my collection is added,
column B shows the sequential number identifying the recording, column C
shows the name of the composer. Other columns show the names of the
orchestra, performers etc. I would like to sort this worksheet in
alphabetical order of composer in such a way that the whole row moves
i.e the sheet would appear the same after sorting; apart from the
catalogue numbers in column B which would no longer be sequential.
I would normally maintain the worksheet in this composer sorted
condition but I will need to be able to revert to the original condition
when I want to add a further recording and need to locate and allocate
the next sequential number.

select one cell in your table = Data = Sort.
In the new dialog choose Sort by column C

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2