KeriM KeriM is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeriM View Post
I have some data that I have in a bar chart, but I need two series labels to be graphed as a line graph marker overlayed on the bar chart. Here is a sample worksheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nc&usp=sharing

The "goal score" and "mean" correspond to the 2013 data. I need those two series labels as line point markers (with no connecting line) overlayed on the 2013 data bar under the corresponding categories as shown in the data sheet.

I'm not sure how much sense I'm making, so please let me know if I need to elaborate. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!
I've actually figured this one out on my own. I used this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html as a guide.

The "paste special" part was tripping me up, but once I realized that I couldn't use keyboard shortcuts and I had to go to the menu bar option to use the command, I didn't have any more problems.

I also had to flip his data around since my data is organized vertically and his is organized horizontally. After the paste special, I had to choose "Values (X) in Columns" instead of "Values (Y) in Columns" like he has.

I also had to add my placeholder data along the bottom to line up with my vertical data.

If anyone is using this as a guide, I can post my solution in a workbook if requested.