Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] Ron Rosenfeld[_2_] is offline

Default Set date minuse 1 working day

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 05:57:42 +0100, Walter Briscoe wrote:

Ron,
Thanks for answering the question.
I looked at the WORKDAY worksheet function and see it includes an
optional holiday parameter.
If I had a need for workday, I would want to specify a list of holidays
in some fashion, which was shared among all worksheets in my
installation of Excel.
Tools/Options/Custom List allows new lists to be specified. Such lists
are shared. How can such a list be used in workday?
Alternatively, can you suggest another mechanism?
Just to put numbers on the problem, my holiday list contains December
25, December 26 and January 01.
Like Chris, I use Excel 2003.

On one of your worksheets, merely set up your list of holidays. Then refer to it either directly or, if you have NAME'd the list, by it's NAME.
You might put the list, for example, in Sheet3!A1:A3 and Define Name: Holidays Refers To: Sheet3!$A$1:$A$3
Then =WORKDAY(your_base_date, -1, Holidays)

A caveat: The dates must be full dates -- not just month and day.