Hellbent706 Hellbent706 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGeek822 View Post
Here are a couple formulas:

1 Workbook, Multiple sheets
In Sheet 2, select a cell for information from Sheet 1. Type the
following function:
=Sheet1!B1

2 Workbooks, Multiple sheets
In Sheet 1 of Workbook 2, select a cell for information from Workbook
1, Sheet 1, Cell E8. Type the following function:
=[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$E$8

TIP: If you have both workbooks open at the same time, scale the
windows to have them side by side. Click on a cell in Book2 and type =
then click your mouse in Book1 and the cell you desire. The formula
will populate automatically.

Hope this helps.

Tammy

Thanks Tammy,

I have a slightly different question. Text from one sheet cell to appear in another sheet cell is good but what if I have 20 sheets each with a different invoice number and totals...How do I get it to list each invoice number from each sheet on to one sheet in consecutive order without it trying to put it all into one cell? In other words, to compile a separate report of the invoices, each invoice needs to have its own cell or row in that report. Is that possible?How?