Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenniferpod View Post
Maybe if I just put it on one worksheet now until I understand how the function is working. So say I have four columns.... Column B and Column D have the same information in them but all jumbled. I want to find B1 within Column D. Then I want to bring the value of Column C next to the located D and bring it back to cell A1. I've tried to do a little chart to show you.

Purple Apple Blue Banana
Blue Banana Green Orange
Red Grape Purple Apple
Green Orange Red Grape

Have a look at the attachment. Does this clear things up?

It would be a case of just a straightforward VLOOKUP if your C and D columns were the other way round, but as they're not I've used CHOOSE to do a "left lookup".

Let me know if you need any of it clarified.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jenniferpod Example.zip (5.9 KB, 70 views)