Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
[email protected] trvlnmny@yahoo.com is offline

Default Help Needed With Count

On Monday, September 3, 2012 9:37:41 PM UTC-4, trvlnmny wrote:
I want to count the number of times a specific character appears in a

range of cells.

Lets say B4:C25.

The character can be an alpha, number or a symbol.

The character may or may not be in the cells.

If the character is present in a cell it may or may not be the only

character in the cell.

If the character is present in a cell, with other characters, it may

be positioned anywhere in the cell.

In English what I want is a count of the number of cells that contain

the & character in the range of cell B4 to C25.

Spencer,
Thanks for your reply.
Yes the character may appear more than once in a cell.