Jay07 Jay07 is offline
Member

Location: Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurr456 View Post
Hello, I'm not a complete novice when it comes to excel but I dont have much experience with anything other than simple formulas...

This is a bit tricky to explain but i'll try my best...

I'm trying to devise a table to highlight time lost or gained in a single day.

1. In the first column I want the amount of time worked (in hours and minutes)
2. In the second, if the time worked exceeds 7hrs 24mins then I would like the aditional time to show (e.g if worked 8hrs 34mins I would like 1hr 10mins to show, preferably as 1:10)
3. In the third, if the time worked is less than 7hrs 24mins. I would like the time lost to show

Any help is appreciated as all i've managed to do it get it to show the time worked or 0 in the 2nd and 3rd colums.

TIA
___A_______B_________C_______
1__08:00___=A1-$C$1__07:26
2__07:00___

If you've got it laid out like that ^^^ then...

1. In Cell A1 will be the time worked
2. In an empty cell that you won't use, i.e C1 type in the standard time 07:26
3. Then in B1 put... =A1-$C$1

B1 should now say 00:34

To show where the time worked is under 07:26, then you will need to change the date system in Excel options.

Which version of Excel are you using?

The benefit to that though is that whether time worked in A1 is over OR under 07:26 it will show as either - or +