View Single Post
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster

Default split range address into individual cell addresses

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:50:26 -0700 (PDT), noname wrote:

you are right. i need the one-liner code for something else. see attached file.

http://sdrv.ms/NsOdAV

when we use form Groupboxes & OptionButtons on a worksheet, to select those OptionButtons to hide/unhide them, we have to loop through all the optionbuttons in a worksheet i.e. Activesheet.optionbuttons.visible=true/false.

I have named my optionbuttons as "opt_" & cells(i,j).topleftcell.address. i don't want to hide/unhide all the optionbuttons in a worksheet, but the ones found in chosen Region rows. i have used checkboxes to tick/untick Region rows. Now, looping thru all the activesheet.optionbuttons and matching the correct optionbutton name with the topleftcell, takes time. Also, there is some major problem with hiding/unhiding the optionbuttons, ie. they donot hide with the rows but shift down or up.

Complicated code.

But I still don't see a way of doing it with a one-liner in VBA.
However, the fact that you have control over the input simplifies the code considerably, but I still think you'll have to loop through the address range in order to get them out. Especially since the individual cell addresses are not a property of the range object. You could put the addresses into an array, and then use them to find your controls, I suppose. You'll need someone more knowledgeable than I to help further, though.