Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
dido22 dido22 is offline

Default vlookup ---- Thanks

Thanks, that is what I needed

"Spencer101" wrote in message

dido22;1603621 Wrote:
Hello, can someone help me with Vlookup please ?

I have a large table with dates (decreasing monthly) in column A, and
debt
(also decreasing) in column F.

I want to lookup the date at which the debt falls to zero (or goes
negative), but Vlookup uses the first column as its 'search value' while
need it to search in column F.

I could copy the dates to a new column G and search the array F1:G500,
but
is there a more elegant way of doing this ?

Thanks

Without an example workbook it's hard to provide you with the actual
formula.
But if you Google "LEFT LOOKUP CHOOSE" you will find details on how to
use the CHOOSE function with a VLOOKUP to do what you need.

--
Spencer101