Spencer101 Spencer101 is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodylake View Post
I have a column of ages in my club on a spraedsheet like
AGE
21
32
45
55
50
45
19
32
etc
About 150 members, I want to find out how many are
1) under30
2)30 to 40
3)40 to 50
4)50 to 60
5)older

for the answers to come out in anither column, whats the formulae i have to use please
Hi,

See the attached. The formulas are in the yellow cells and the cells it covers are coloured green.

If you need more than 150 members then you'll have to change the range lengths in the formulas to accommodate this.

I'm used SUMPRODUCT rather than SUMIFS as you didn't stipulate which version of Excel you're using and SUMIFS will not work in anything prior to Excel 2007.

Hope that helps.
Feel free to ask if you need a full explanation of how the two formulas I've used work.

S.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AgeCount.zip (4.7 KB, 47 views)