excel_noob excel_noob is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeu2004[_2_] View Post
"excel_noob" wrote:
Subject: How do I use letters to represent numbers?

Kinda light in details. For numbers from 0 to 25 in A1, for uppercase
letters, use:

CHAR(65+A1)

For lowercase letters, use:

CHAR(97+A1)

For numbers that might be larger than 25, use base-26 arithmetic. For
example, numbers from 0 to 675 can be represented by the 2-letter
combinations formed as follows:

CHAR(65+INT(A1/26))&CHAR(65+MOD(A1,26))

what i mean is that i want to input some value into a cell i.e. 6.6k which equals 6600 and in another 26mA which equals .026A for example. I then want to be able to use that in another calculation.
6.6k*26m which equals 171.6
the actual calculation does not need the k or m, but i do want to be able to just select the cell that holds the 6.6k and 26m for my calculations