David McRitchie

Hi John,
Good idea on date formatting, I skipped over yours when
I saw you'd got there first (BTW, same formula), not
really looking at your date format with the space fill so it is
justified on both left and right sides. I'll use that with ddd instead.
Well actually I'd use yyyy-mm-dd*_ddd (_ used for spacebar)
I see I already copied your suggestion to my datetime page
from 2001-10-20 maybe I'll remember it this time.

Had to delete mine because you beat me. Anyway second
chance so I did also have link for additional information on Date and Time
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm
and I'll even include Chip Pearson's this time, different information
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm

"Dave Peterson" wrote
Ps. I like this custom format for dates like this:
mm/dd/yyyy*_dddd
(Underscore represents a spacebar)