tommcbrny

Default Reference Data in Moved Worksheet

I created a workbook in Excel 2003 that contains 4 worksheets. Cells in one
of the worksheets is populated by linking to cells in the other 3 worksheets.

I want one of the linked worksheets to serve as a standalone form. I move
this worksheet from the existing workbook to a new workbook and save it as a
template. The idea is to have this worksheet completed, add it to the
original workbook, and have the cell links between this worksheet and the
other worksheet maintained.

When I move the worksheet, the links change from 'worksheet name!'$a$1 to
#ref!$a$1, which I expect. When I move the completed worksheet back in to
the workbook, however, the original cell links do not return even though the
worksheet name is the same as when I moved it from the workbook.

Is there a way to maintain these cell links when a worksheet is removed and
readded as I am attempting?

Thanks,

Tom