Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Need a UDF to count blank cells

Hi,

Blank is an often confusing term with regard to Excel and here I've taken
you literally i.e. nothing on the cell, totally empty.

Call with

=countblanks()

Function countblanks()
For x = ActiveCell.Row - 1 To 1 Step -1
If Cells(x, ActiveCell.Column).Formula = vbNullString Then
countblanks = countblanks + 1
Else
Exit Function
End If
Next
End Function

--
Mike

question.

"ytayta555" wrote:

HI , and a good day to all programmers

I need a UDF , which to count non blank cells
above the cell which contain this UDF . When
the UDF find the first non blank cell , to stop
the count .

Example :

A1 - nonblank
A2 - blank
A3 - blank
A4 - blank
A5 - UDF

here , the result of UDF from cell A5 must be 3 .
I need to count only above in the column , not in the
left or right .

Thank you
.