Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Everchanging number of rows

Joel meant to say

LastRow = Range("B" & rows.count).end(xlup).row

--
Jacob

"JohnUK" wrote:

Hi Joel,
Many thanks for your help, but I had a message come up saying that
Object_Global Failed. Any ideas
John

"joel" wrote:

to get the last row use this. Note I'm using column B to get the last
row.

LastRow = ("B" & rows.count).end(xlup).row
'if you are just putting a one in the column then do this

Range("A2:A" & LastRow) = 1

To copy the 1 down the column
Range("A2").Copy _
destination:=Range("A2:A" & LastRow)

JohnUK;631804 Wrote:
Hi,
Where am I going wrong on this piece of code below
What I am trying to achieve in simple terms is this:
Range("A2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1"
Selection.Copy
Range("A2:A10000").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

But I need it to size with the amount of rows the rest of the data
uses
My try:
Range("A2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1"
Selection.Copy
Range("A2:A & Range("Count")").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

I have already created a Range called €˜Count€„¢ that adds up the
rows. For
example, if my data spans 100 rows, I want the formula to also reach
100 rows.
I know this may not make any sense, because I could use formulas etc,
but is
the above possible
Many thanks

--