rmellison

That is in fact why it works well for me. My x-values are speed values as a
percentage of the max speed for an acelerate/decelerate run, so 100% is
always the pivot value. See your point Tushar (btw thanks for earlier help as
well), but it doesn't affect my data. My philosophy (born of shear
frustration with excel), is if it looks right, it is right!

"Stephen Bullen" wrote:

Hi Tushar,

Given *two* data sets, one with values 98, 100, 98 and another with
values 98, 105, 98, how can one plot both and maintain the correct
horizontal spacing? The first requires a spacing of 4 units between
the 2 98s, the 2nd requires 14 units of spacing!

Sure - whatever is plotted, how does the line correlate to the numbers
displayed on the axis? As we have to use a formula to decide where to
split the two halves of the chart, the lines can only be plotted
correctly where they have the same mid-point - so 90-100-90 would plot
OK alongside 80-100-80. I guess the only way to do it would be to plot
all of them as "% of max" rather than absolute figures.

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel

Professional Excel Development
The most advanced Excel VBA book available
www.oaltd.co.uk/ProExcelDev