bigwheel

Well, I think I'd start with DataText to Columns then sort out those
countries with more than one word afterwards (can't be too many of them) or
you can do some checking using the CODE function to find the number part of
the contents and use the string functions to split up the different elements

"RestlessAde" wrote:

Hi,

I have tried to solve this problem using a mixture of text functions such as
RIGHT, LEN, LEFT, FIND etc. However, am still stuck. Would appreciate any
suggestions.

I'm trying to split out the following data stored in a single column into
three columns: Country, Data Value and Source.

Angola 13,294,000 Source: ibid.
Anguilla 13,000 Source: ibid.
Antigua and Barbuda 76,000 Source: ibid.
Argentina 37,880,000 Source: ibid.
Armenia 3,206,000 Source: ibid.
Aruba 94,000 Source: ibid.
Australia 20,125,000 Source: ibid.

The problem I'm having relates to the fact that some countries contain more
than one word, so I can't just search for the first " ". I think the answer
is to somehow detect the first instance of a numeric value, but I have no
idea how to do this.

Thanks,
RA