Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Leo Mazzi[_2_] Leo Mazzi[_2_] is offline

Default Bug or feature?

As I said, the problem is visible when you go and change the defult value -
so let's say you set it to GB - you have there the default delimiter ",". Now
go and customize this by changing this value to ";". In that case Excel will
ignore your change - so Excel is (at least for any PC I went on checking)
ignoring my customization. This is a problem to me because I have to fill in
programatically some formulas and I came upon some customers having this
customized.

If you only change the country then Excel reacts promptly and changes the
delimiter also for all open onscreen documents.

So if this is a feature or a BUG is an info I would really need to react
propperly.

Is there maybe a way of detecting which is the delimiter that Excel will use
by asking Excel (so without the need of checking the regional settings)?

Best regards,
Leo

"Thomas [PBD]" wrote:

Leo,

I tried to duplicate your issue. By doing so I went to Control
PanelRegional and Language Settings Changed from English to German.
It did change the , to ; as you said. When I saved the application, closed,
changed my settings back to English, the ; returned to , as it should. I
could not get the program to ignore the ;. Have you ensured that your
regional settings are set to where you want them?

--
--Thomas [PBD]
Working hard to make working easy.