Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
totinnere totinnere is offline

Default Function to Check if Cell is Highlighted for Change in Shared

I'm not exactly sure how I'd make that work. The reason I am trying to base
this on the cell being highlighted/having the blue triangle is this:

My employees will be making changes to the spreadsheet throughout the month,
but let's say I only want to see the changes that were made in the past 5
days. I could then just do Highlight Changes Since [Date]. I only really care
about changes made in certain columns, so I'm looking to use this function to
check that particular cell in that row is highlighted for change in that
specific time frame.

For comments the reference is something like (Cell).Comment.Text....is there
no way to make a similar reference for this type of situation?

"Mike H." wrote:

What if you put a function in the ThisWorkbook area on selection change:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target
As Range)

End Sub

Then you could monitor the changes yourself and create whatever log you want.
Note, you'll need to record the "starting" position of the cursor when you
open the workbook so you can then track a change. This is basically what I
use all the time. HTH.