Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MyronJames MyronJames is offline

Default Named Identity

Thanx Gary,

You see I don't know how to do this:(or I'm just misunderstanding your
instructions)

Create a worksheet variable
initialize it
Use it

And what I didn't mention before is the name of the WS can change. We're
using a WS template with over 10WS and populate it with data for various
puposes, but with similar data. If that makes sense. In fact I have one part
of the program where I create several WS based upon what Stock Symbol is
represented from one of the WS's on the template. I didn't create this but
I'm working on it & have made some real progress & learned alot about Xcel.
but sometimes I hit things that just baffle me. Here's some code that my
friend suggested, but I didn't know where to use it.

Sub AddWSName()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim sName As String
Dim sValue As String

Set ws = ActiveSheet
sName = "NewName"
sValue = "=TRUE"
sValue = "=123"
sValue = "=""ABC"""
ws.Names.Add Name:=sName, RefersToR1C1:=sValue
End Sub

As you can see by the code it assumes I already know what WS I need to
name, but that's just the point I need to have it PreNamed, Selected, & then
Activate it then populate it with data, make it visible just long enough to
print it.

I really wish I could send a picture of what I was attempting to discrib
before.

Dave

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Create a worksheet variable
initialize it
Use it

Sub qwerty()
Dim special As Worksheet
Set special = Sheets("Sheet2")
special.Select
Gary''s Student - gsnu200805

"MyronJames" wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure how to ask this, but here goes.

I need a means to mark a worksheet with a Name that will mark it for
future use.
I need a way to Identify a WS programattically so I can print it. I'm
working on a project where some WS's, when you click on Insert-Define-Name
have this context:
for Example: The Name is RetirementSht and in the next Column 'RetirementCF'
& it Refers to ="CF". I just can't find a way to create a Named Identity
like that. I attmepted to use the Create option, label option & Define option
to no avail.

Please help if you can