Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nick C Nick C is offline

Default Inserting a row

Many thanks Joel. Could I impose on you further by asking you what to do with
it now?

Regards,

Nick

"Joel" wrote:

Sub maketotal()

RowCount = 1
FirstRow = 1
Do While Range("A" & RowCount) < ""
If Range("B" & (RowCount + 1)) = 1 Or _
Range("B" & (RowCount + 1)) = "" Then

'add two blank row
Rows(RowCount + 1).Insert
Rows(RowCount + 1).Insert
Range("B" & (RowCount + 1)) = "Total"
Range("C" & (RowCount + 1)).Formula = _
"=Sum(C" & FirstRow & ":C" & RowCount & ")"

RowCount = RowCount + 3
FirstRow = RowCount
Else
RowCount = RowCount + 1
End If
Loop

End Sub

"Nick C" wrote:

I am sure this is easy to you experts but I have several thousands rows of
data, and I want a macro to insert two rows every time it sees a "1" in one
column. I am doing this manually at the moment and I am falling asleep. I
would also like to be able to put a sub-total in column c after the lines
have been inserted, work out what percentage each part is of the sub-total,
and highlight this by inseting a "1" in column E next to the largest
percentage. I have put a before and after below.

P.S. I can just about record a macro, so as simple as possible would be good.

Thanks in advance.

BEFORE
A B C D E F
1 1 294 A