Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
cht13er cht13er is offline

Default Formula to sum non-adjacent cells

On Mar 27, 9:26*am, Jack_Feeman
wrote:
Thanks for the really quick reply Chris.
I will try your suggestion. I may have badly worded my question, here is a
better description:
"I have a 3000+ row spreadsheet with totals in the same column every 17th
row."
Would this clarification change your suggestion?

Thanks Jack

"cht13er" wrote:
On Mar 27, 9:04 am, Jack_Feeman
wrote:
Excell 2003
I have a 3000+ line spreadsheet with totals in one column every 17th row.
What formula can I use to sum these totals?

Thanks
Jack

If the rest of the rows in that column are empty, you can just sum :)

Else, a =SUMIF( would work well if there was some way you could
differentiate those rows with a sum ... for example, if the word "sum"
was in a previous column you could use something like this:
=SUMIF(D1:E15,"sum",E1:E15)

HTH

Chris- Hide quoted text -

So it's like
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
16
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
16

?

If so, the sum of the entire column is twice that of just the "every
17 rows" ...

Chris