dipsy

Hi DB:

That makes sense - the format of the new sheet does not match the old sheet
- hence the issue. When I just changed the reference - the whole layout was
lost.

Thanks,
Deepali

"db" wrote:

dipsy -
Can you go into more detail when you say 'you loose the set up of the pivot
table'? Changing the reference of the pivot table should just update the
numbers in your existing table, as long as the format of the new sheet
matches your old.

db

"dipsy" wrote:

Hi DB:

Thanks for the suggestion - however, when u go back and change reference you
loose the set up of the pivot table. I want to keep the set up and change
the source for the named range of the pivot table.

Thanks.

"db" wrote:

Go to Data-Pivot Table and PivotChart Report.... and select the back button
to change the reference.
db

"dipsy" wrote:

Can some one help me change the data source on the Named Range for the Pivot
Table.

For example - the named range refers to Sheet 1. Change the named range to
refer to Sheet 2.

Thanks.