JE McGimpsey

One way:

=IF(COUNT(A1:B1)0,A1*B1*1.5,"")

This actually leaves a null string ("") as the result, rather than being
truly blank, but you can't have a cell both blank and containing a
formula.

In article ,
anagaraj1
wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to program a simple formula where I can input a number in
one cell, multiply it by a number in another cell in the next column,
multiply these 2 numbers by 1.5, and then display the product in the
third column.

My problem is that if I leave the cells in the first two columns blank,
the number 1.5 is displayed in the third column. I want the third
column to be blank if I leave the first two columns blank. Do you know
what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Arun