Hari Prasadh

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the clarification.

I am sure I have come across an article/web-page which says that if one
wants to control charts through programming then its better to do that with
embedded charts in Worksheets rather than the charts/embedded charts within
a ChartSheet. Reason cited was that syntax is more consistent/clearer/easier
(or something similar).

If you have the link please give the same to me. (I think it was probably
your article.)

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

"Jon Peltier" wrote in message
Hari -

The chart object represents a chart embedded in any sheet, whether it's a
chart sheet or worksheet. But don't get confused and try to access the
chart object container of a chart which is the chart sheet itself, not
embedded in the sheet.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Hari Prasadh wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your detailed explanation

Seeing your along and comparing with macro recorder am able to make sense
of the kind of syntax needed to do similar things.

Im now able to understand that even chartsheets work on the basis of the
chart objects syntax. (wonder why MS has written in the help about
chartobjects saying "Represents an embedded chart on a
worksheet." when even chartsheets use the chartobject concept.)

Grateful for your Shift + Click for chart name tip.

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India