Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Alvin Alvin is offline

Default asynchronous Procedure Calls

in your case, you can put "DoEvents" inside the long calculation/loop
so vba can catch the cancel button events
still it is not asynchronous and it's not the best way, but it's simple

"Robert Mulroney" wrote:

I just want to be able to a cancel button to a form so users can end a
calculation if it's taking too long.

"Tim Williams" wrote:

Robert,

I think Excel (in any single instance) is single-threaded, so I'm not surre
it supports true asynchronous calls.

Tim.

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Robert Mulroney" '''' wrote in message
Can anyone point me to a good resource on writing asynchronous procedure
calls? I am particually interested to know if it is possible to do an
asynchronous call on the application.run("") procedure.

- Rm