Lori

Thank you so much. I think this will work perfectly!

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Hi, Lori. You need the subtotals feature. You'll just choose COUNT instead
of SUM. Sort first by State, then by City. See this:

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Lori" wrote in message
I am an average excel user and cannot figure out if this function is

possible.

I have a data list with company name, contact name, address, city, state,
zip, and sales rep. It has over 10,000 names. I need to find out how

many
companies in each state then subtotal it by each city. I also want the

city
name to appear with the total without having to type it in for each one.

This would be used for the sales person to know how many companies are in

particular city.

Thank you.