Gord Dibben

Mike

The customizations are saved in Excel11.XLB file.

Mine is located in......

E:\Documents and Settings\Gord\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

That file is not saving when you close Excel.

Do a file search. You may have more than one .XLB file.

If you find more than one, note where they are then make some changes to a
Toolbar and close Excel.

Which one changes?

Also, depending upon permissions, you may not be able to save to the folder
your *.XLB file is residing and Excel makes a new one because it can't/won't
access that file.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:01:03 -0800, "MIKE MEDLIN"
wrote:

I am hoping that someone can help me with a severe problem that l have been
having ever since i purchased the latest version of MS Office 2003. Every
time I re-boot my laptop, l must re-customize my Toolbars in Excel with
Office 2003. Always in the past with previous versions of Excel I have been
able to get the software to save my customized Toolbars, and Office 2003 does
save my settings in Word -- it is only in Excel that l have this recurring
nightmare.

l have sent repeated emails to MicroSoft for help, but they never respond.
l have sent this request to several chat boards for MS problems,...again with
no response.

please send me info on correcting this aggravating problem to: