Jon Peltier

In that case, you need to remove the point from the data being plotted.
The best thing to do is make a copy of the data, construct the chart
with the copied data, and delete from the copy any outliers.

The chart calculates a trendline using every plotted point, whether you
hide it or not.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Vicky wrote:
Jon, I would like to remove it from the calculation of the trendline. Thank
you. How do I do that?
Vicky

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Do you want to hide the point, or remove it from the calculation of the
trendline?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Vicky wrote:

Is there a way to remove the value of a data point so that it doesnt skew the
data in a scatter or line chart. In other words, I would like to be able to
conceal the data point(s) which are not within the trendline.