Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Bednarek[_8_] Michael Bednarek[_8_] is offline

Default Batch file to start multiple excel files with auto_open() macro. Delay code needed

On 26 May 2005 18:57:54 -0700, wrote in
microsoft.public.excel.programming:

Hmm,

It works with
START "" /WAIT CALC
START "" /WAIT NOTEPAD

Notepad doesn't start before I exit calc....

You are right about Datastream. It is an axcel add-in that has a
workbook_open macro. This is why I have to use an auto_open.
Otherwise, my Datastream macros would not work when I enter the file
manually and press escape to cancel the auto_open. (I'm aware of
pressing shift, but MS disabled it in Office XP (or Win2k don't
remember)

As I wrote before, I can't see how the second workbook ever gets opened
by the batch code unless you manually close the first one. However, you
say it does. Therefore, I assume there is a connection between these two
workbooks that isn't obvious. What happens if you remove the line from
the batch file which starts the second workbook? Does it still show up?

--
Michael Bednarek
http://mbednarek.com/ "POST NO BILLS"