Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Stoplight indicators in Excel

This is in the programming group, but the same applies.

Use the built in functionality of conditional formatting (FormatConditional
formatting...)

Check out here

http://www.nickhodge.co.uk/gui/forma...formatting.htm

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"K. Trotter" wrote in message
I am putting together some dashboard reporting for some projects that I am
facillitationg and also for month end reporting. I want to be able to
build
stop light indicators that would (based on the criteria that I would set)
show whether a metric that we are tracking is either Better (Green)
Regressing slightly (Yellow) or 10% worse (Red) than the following months
numbers. The same goes for projects. Green if it's on time, yellow if it
is
1 day to 1 week behind, and Red if further behind than that.

I hope this helps and I thank you for any assistance you can provide!
--
Best regards!

"Alok" wrote:

Trotter,
Can you be more specific?
Thanks
Alok Joshi

"K. Trotter" wrote:

How does one build stoplight indicators in Excel using the available
technology?
--
Best regards!