Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OkieViking OkieViking is offline

Default Relative Addresses in equations

I am trying to write a Macro that will write an equation into the
spreadsheet. This equation includes references to other cells. I want the
equation to be linked to the other cell after the program is run. (If the
macro enters an eq. into cell A4 that depends on A1, the value of A4 should
change whenever I change the value in A1.) The problem is that I will find
the address earlier in the macro. Here is a simplification:

if MyRange is the cell I want to link to (A1)

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=14-" & Range(myRange)

the equation in A4 should be "=14-A1"