Gord Dibben

View

Sheet event code can do the trick.....

Dim Num As Long
Dim rng As Range
Dim vRngInput As Variant
Set vRngInput = Intersect(Target, Range("A:A"))
If vRngInput Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
On Error GoTo endit
Application.EnableEvents = False
For Each rng In vRngInput
'Determine the color
Select Case rng.Value
Case Is = 1: Num = 10 'green
Case Is = 2: Num = 5 'blue
Case Is = 3: Num = 6 'yellow
Case Is = 4: Num = 3 'red
Case Is = 5: Num = 7 'magenta
End Select
'Apply the color
rng.Interior.ColorIndex = Num
Next rng
endit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 08:58:39 GMT, "My View" <reply to
wrote:

A macro would be fine. Whatever is easiest.

"Microsoft" wrote in message
Hi Peter,

You can do that with macros. If you want to do it with macros just let me
know. Otherwise you could try recording a macro first, and modifying the
generated code.

Shafiee.

"My View" <reply to
wrote in message
I know you can use Conditional Formatting to allocate a colour for a cell
value but you are limited to 4 alternatives (ie the default cell color

and
only 3 variations in Conditional Formatting).

How can I allocate a different color for 5 different cell values?

For example:
If cell value = 1 then cell color is green
If cell value = 2 then cell color is blue
If cell value = 3 then cell color is yellow
If cell value = 4 then cell color is red
If cell value = 5 then cell color is magenta

regards

PeterH