Alex

David

I have twice tried to email you the code but I get message from the
mailer-daemon saying that my message has been delayed.

All my other emails have reached their destinations wothout problem. Has
there been a problem with your email recently?

Regards

Alex

"DavidMunday" wrote:

Alex,
I'd be interested in the code you wrote it sounds very interesting, I
have programmed in C and Java before so I think I will be able to
understand it. Is there anything about VB I should know in order to
understand your code?
Thanks for the help. If you would rather e-mail the code I can be
reached at
Thanks,
David

Alex Wrote:
David

I don't think that what you want to do is possible with straight
forward
Excel functions.

I have wriiten some code that will do what you want but is written in
VBA
(not sure if you are familiar with this).

Before I post it, would let me know whether you are happy to receive a
VBA
based solution. If you are unfamilier with it then there maybe little
point
in sending it.

To paraphrase, I have written some code that will enable you to type
the
date of the file you wnat into cell A1 of a spreadsheet. Then you press
button and it will draw in the data you want from that excel file. All
this
opertaes without you having to open the excel sheet you wnat the data
from.

You would have to amend the code to set the correct filepath for your
files
as well as the Excel data range that you wnat to import. Obviously I do
not
know those things.

Let me know if you are interested...

Alex

"DavidMunday" wrote:
-

I have a set of xls files that contain data I would like to import
into
another xls sheet, however the file that I need to import from will
depend on a date entered into a cell in the destination file. The
source files are named with the following convention:

Week of 3-22-04.xls

I would like to be able to pull data from a worksheet in that
particular file by putting the date 3/22/04 into my main spreadsheet.

Thanks,
David

--
DavidMunday