Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] moller@notvalid.se is offline

Default Chart SeriesCollection. Problem changing from Excel 2000 to 2002

writes:

Jon Peltier writes:

What's in the first row of the data? If you want all five columns to
be plotted as separate series, make sure you have no column
headers. The behavior you describe is expected if the top cells of the
first 4 columns are blank and the top cell of the fifth is not. Is the
top cell of the 5th column used as the legend entry for that series?

All five columns have the top cell filled with a header text
written in bold. In Excel 2000 on XP-Pro I get the first column
on the x-axis. and the other four as data series on the y-axis.
Ans,Missed,AqT,Man ends up as labels in the legend.

In excel 2002 I get XP-Pro same version of perl same code I get
the data for Time,Ans,Missed,AqT on the x-axis like this
"08:00-08:15 148 56 43.275" and the Man datapoints on y-axis.

Example data in the range:
Time Ans Missed AqT Man
08:00-08:15 148 56 43.275 80
08:15-08:30 153 18 11.9996 90
.
.
.
16:45-17:00 12 1 2.7692 50

I found the problem, locale... or lack of it.

On the first computer the WIN-XP was swedish and MSOffice english [1]
so when perl used dot as a decimal separator it worked fine.
Om the new computer both XP and MSOffice was swedish and it broke
on 23.45 when it expected 23,45.

Example Data:
08:00-08:15 | 148 | 56 | 43.275 | 80
08:15-08:30 | 153 | 18 | 11.999 | 90

Column data should be interped as follows

text | number | number | number | number

but since dot was no longer decimal separator
excel interped it as

text | number | number | text | number

and then decided that the first four
columns should be DataSeries(1). That