Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Identifying duplicates/unique values

They may have changed the behavior (which is great), but I assure you it
doesn't work in xl97 and xl2000.

Tom Ogilvy

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi Tom
thanks for the addition - though this seems to be a strange Excel
behaviour
Also in my Excel version (Excel 2003,German) the other way (starting
with the source sheet) works!

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Tom Ogilvy wrote:
Although the right thought, that will evoke an error message (you can
only copy data to the active sheet). To get this to work going to
another sheet, you have to start from the destination. You should
select a cell on the destination sheet, then do Data=Filter=Advance
Filter. You may get a message that it can't find your data, but just
click OK and continue. You can then select in the resulting dialog
and specify copy to another location, then click in the List Range
box and navigate to and highlight your data range, (leave criteria
blank), and click the unique values checkbox, then click OK.

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message
Hi
without macros
- select your range
- goto 'Data - Filter - Advanced Filter'
- check 'Unique values' and choose your other sheet as target
location
- finish the wizard

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Hi,

Would anyone be able to help me with the following please.

I want to select a range of rows use a macro to identify which of
those entries are duplicates - ie the entire row matches another

row
in the selection?

In an ideal situation the duplicates will be moved to a new sheet -
called duplicates - with the unique rows being moved to a new sheet
called uniques.

The original data will remain in the original sheet.

Many many thanks for any help you can offer

---