Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Set background color of a cell in VBA

Cindy,

You might want to use the Conditional Formatting tool on the
Format menu to do this.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Cindy" wrote in message
Thanks to all that replied. It works.

Maybe you can help futher. What I need to do is check 8
specific cells on a sheet to be sure they contain a value
before the user can continue. My idea is to change the
color of those cells that are empty - which works. But
now I'm trying to figure out the best way to recheck the
cells and reset the color to white, where I might need to
do this several times, depending if the user actually
entered data in all 8 cells.

Right now I'm using 8 separate If statements to check the
cells for values.

Thanks

Cindy