Sam Brauen

Default decimal point override does not work

Is there any update to dload or anything? I work in excel all day everyday
and this is very annoying to have to add ".0" or "00" to everything.

I am running Office 2003 on Windows xp

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

If you're using Excel 2003, the override doesn't work as expected. You
can add a decimal and a zero at the end of the number, to override the
fixed decimals. For example, type 33.0 and it will be entered as 33

AL wrote:
I have fixed decimal point option on, but when I want to override the fixed
decimal point by placing a "." after the number I enter, it still places the
decimal point. For example: I want to enter the number 4,655.00 so I type
"4655." and I get 46.55. I do still want the fixed decimal point, but when I
have numbers that are #.00 I do not want to have to add "00" to every number.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List