Why do all my calculations/formulas equal zero?

Old July 12th 06, 10:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy

Default Why do all my calculations/formulas equal zero?

I've recently been upgraded to excel 2003 and when I open a file I'd been
working on in excel 97 any formula entered has the result '0'. Even if I go
to a blank cell and type '=1+1' the answer is still 0.

Any ideas anyone?
Old July 12th 06, 10:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert111

format the cell where you typed =1+1 to a number with 2 decimal places
and tell us what you get

--
robert111
robert111's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31996

Old July 12th 06, 11:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy

Tried that just says 0.00. Also I've opened a new blank file and have the
same problems. A collegue has also created a file with a few simple sums and
saved it, when I open this file the answers display correctly however if i
add any new calculations the answer is zero.

Old July 12th 06, 11:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sheila D

Is it set for Manual calculation? Check the Tools, Options, Calculation tab

Sheila
www.c-i-m-s.com
MS Office training - London

Old July 12th 06, 11:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Andy

It's ok now it seems to work. One of my collegues logged into my machine and
it worked for them and when I logged back in it was working again.