How to get 2 tables (one below the other) with different sizes?

Old July 8th 06, 11:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Carmen

Default How to get 2 tables (one below the other) with different sizes?

Hello everyone,

I would be grateful if you could help me with an issue that i´m struggling
with.
I have to have two tables in an excel sheet, one below the other (it is
necessary). The two tables are sharing columns, i.e., column A is the same
for each table, however i need one specific column to have a different size
for each table. ¿How can I do that?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Carmen
--
CSC
Old July 8th 06, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

A column can only be a single width.

Old July 8th 06, 02:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
starguy

you can merge cells wherever required.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434

Old July 8th 06, 03:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Ivey

Here is one thought...

You could put the two tables on different sheets, edit them as needed, and then do a Copy Picture... of each table (press and hold the shift key and select edit to find this feature).

Paste the table pictures as needed (one above/below of the other), then link the table pictures to the actual tables (make sure the table picture is selected and type "=" in the formula bar, then select the range of cells that corresponds to that table). Any changes made to the original tables from this point on will show in the table pictures as well.

Hope this helps.

--
Mark Ivey