convert cm to inches

Old January 22nd 05, 04:59 PM
VPH

Default convert cm to inches

Although the convert function is listed in excel 2002 help it is not
available from the insert formula command and it does't work in excel 2002.
s there a way to get it to work?
=CONVERT(A2,"cm","in") Returns NAME?
Old January 22nd 05, 05:41 PM
Biff

Hi!

From Excel help on convert:

"If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME?
error, install and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in."

Goto Tools>Add-ins

Check Analysis ToolPak

OR

1 centimeter = 0.393700787 in

=A2*.393700787

Biff

Old January 22nd 05, 06:42 PM
Bernard Liengme

Since WWII the inch (Imperial and US) has been defined as 2.54 cm EXACTLY.
This means the US has been sort-of-metric for 60 years!
So a more accurate conversion is 0.393700787401575

I would use (1/2.54) as the conversion factor.

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

Old January 22nd 05, 06:59 PM
Gord Dibben

VPH

If you read the 2002 Help on CONVERT carefully you will see this........

If this function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install and
load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

To load the Analysis Toolpak go to Tools>Add-ins and checkmark the ATP.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP