can autofill be used on merged cells?

Old June 26th 06, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can autofill be used on merged cells?

I would like to use the autofill function on a group of cells I've merged
together. It doesn't seem to be working. Is it possible for this to even
happen? I know if I unmerge my cells, I can use the autofill on a single
cell. But I would like to do this within a box I've merged together.

Thanks,

Debbie
Old June 26th 06, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debbie

NO.

Merging 9 cells into one just creates one single cell that looks larger than the
regular cells, but has the same properties as a regular cell.

My advice about merged cells.........

Merged cells are the spawn of Satan!

They cause more problems with Excel than any other feature I can think of.

Copying, cutting, pasting, sorting, filtering are all adversely
affected by merged cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Old June 27th 06, 02:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bummer.

Thanks anyway.