Named Cell issue - dangers of cut and paste

Old June 24th 06, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Named Cell issue - dangers of cut and paste

Hi,

-I also have a cell that lists the Total Income, which i name GSI
-I also have collumn listing Expenses and at the bottom, sums the total
expenses, which iname TOTAL_EXPENSE
-Lastly, below that, i calculate the Net Income by subracting the
expenses from the income, which i call NET_INCOME
-All are in one column.

In both formulas and code elsewhere , i refer to GSI and TOTAL_EXPENSE
cells by name. For instance the NET_INCOME cell is GSI - TOTAL_EXPENSE.

My issue here is, when i now cut and past that column to create a new
column, the forumla in the new column still refers to the named column
in the original column. So in this example, for column two, the net
income cell refers to the column 1 cell, since it is referencing
TOTAL_EXPENSE.

My question is, how do i handle this and still be able to use named
columns, which are so much more clearer if someone were looking at my
formula or code. Is there a way to create ARRAYs of named cells in
this case? so that the first column would be referred to as
TOTAL_EXPENSE[0] and the second column would be referred to as
TOTAL_EXPENSE[1]?

i hope i explained myself clear. Please advise if you are able to.

thank you